Our Mission: "Kansas City Indian Center will serve as the Greater Kansas City Native American Cultural Center and will foster unity and empowerment by promoting traditional and cultural values."
The Kansas City Indian Center (Heart of America Indian Center), a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, has been addressing the issues Kansas City’s American Indian population since 1971.
Today we remain dedicated to the following goals:
- provide health, welfare and cultural services to Native American individuals and families of our community;
- promote fellowship among the American Indian people of all tribes living in the Kansas City Area;
- stimulate the natural integration of the American Indian into the community;
- encourage artistic and vocational pursuits by American Indian people; and
- preserve and foster traditional American Indian cultural values.
Food Pantry, Holiday Baskets, Back-to-school supply drive, Alcohol and Drug Prevention and Morningstar Substance Abuse Wellness Program, All Nations Breath of Life Smoking Cessation Program, Emergency telephone calls to Reservation or Nation and referrals to additional services and assistance. We also offer an annual Culture Camp for youth and additional cultural classes, activities, and events.