Our Mission: "The mission of the Kansas City Indian Center is to encourage social, educational, and economic advancement of the American Indian community by promoting traditional and cultural values."The Kansas City Indian Center (Heart of America Indian Center), a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, has been serving the Kansas City’s American Indian population since 1971.
Today we remain dedicated to the following goals:
- provide health, welfare and cultural services to American Indian individuals and families of our community;
- promote fellowship among the American Indian people of all tribes living in the Kansas City Area;
- stimulate the natural integration of the American Indian into the community;
- encourage artistic and vocational pursuits by American Indian people; and
- preserve and foster traditional American Indian cultural values.
Emergency Services for Low-Income American Indians, including Food Pantry and Holiday Baskets, emergency telephone calls to Reservation or Nation and referrals to additional services; and the Morningstar Substance Abuse Outpatient and Prevention Program. We also offer an annual Culture Camp for youth and additional cultural classes, activities, and events.
Make a difference! Please donate today using Paypal, credit or debit card. Thank You!